<< New text box >>
At Home In Darien offers:
- Door-to-DoorTransportation to Darien residents 60+ and those residents 18+ who are physically disabled.
- Vehicles: 4-passenger handicap-accessible minivan and a 4-passenger sedan.
- Service Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Call 203.655.2227
- Service within Darien, Stamford, Norwalk and New Canaan. (For rides outside of these areas or at other hours, call for a Friendly Volunteer Driver also at 203.655.2227)
- We'll take you to medical appointments, physical therapy, hair or nail appointments, the grocery store, downtown, the Senior Center, your club, the DCA, the library, the YMCA, local restaurants for lunch - wherever you'd like to go!
Suggested donation: $5.00 round trip.
Please call us at 203.655.2227, to make a reservation Monday – Friday between 9:00am and 2:00pm. If you get our answering machine, please leave a message. 24 hour notice is preferred for all reservations.
When you need a ride, follow these simple instructions:
1. Call 203-655-2227
2. Please have the following information ready to give Gina or Sandi:
· Day and Date you need the ride
· Time of your Appointment (if you have one)
· Time you would like to be picked up
· Exact address you are to be picked up from
· Exact address of your destination
· Whether you need the wheelchair accessible van, if you use a walker or a wheelchair, or if you have an aide or companion accompanying you
· Return trip information, if needed
3. If you get our voicemail, please leave the same information listed above. We will call you back to confirm the ride.
(Note - If you cannot operate your own wheelchair, or get in and out of your home or the vehicle by yourself, you must have your own companion/caregiver for assistance. The companion/caregiver can be a non-Darien resident but must be picked up with you. There is no charge for the companion/caregiver.)
For service to other locations, at times outside of our service hours, or when you need a person to pick you up from a medical appointment, call the At Home in Darien office for a Friendly Volunteer Driver at 203-655-2227.
For other transportation services call:
Easy Access from Norwalk Transit:
Door to Door transportation service for elderly and disabled, if you live three-quarters of a mile or more from a bus route. It is necessary to fill out an application and be approved for service. For more information go to www.norwalktransit.com or call Dispatch-a-Ride at 203.299.5180.
Family and Children's Agency offers companions and also private drivers to take you where you need to go. Assisted Transportation Assistants will pick you up in a wheelchair accessible van to go to a doctor's appointment, a trip to the store, or to visit a friend or relative. There are fees associated with this personalized service. (Fee assistance may apply for all Home Care Services.) For more information, please call 203.831.2900.